Emily is trained as an environmental educator and enjoys sharing her love of native plants with others. She is available to talk for local garden clubs or other groups at meetings or conferences. To contact Emily for more details about a presentation and fees call the nursery at 518-632-5505 or email Emily(at)FiddleheadCreek.com
- Gardening with Native Plants
- Native Plants for Rain Gardens
- Native Plants for Stormwater
- Native Plants for Native Birds
- Native Plants for Butterflies & Pollinators
- Native Alternatives for Invasive Plants
- have another idea? let me know.
- April 18. 4th Annual Garden and Landscape Symposium. Fort Ticonderoga, NY. ‘Save the Monarchs – Native Plants for Pollinators’
- July 18. Tannery Pond Community Center. North Creek, NY. Native Alternatives to Invasive Plants. Part of APIPP workshop ‘Gardening and Landscaping with Native/Non-Invasive Ornamental Plants in the Adirondacks’ for NYS Invasive Species Awareness Week.
- October 29. Fort Ticonderoga, NY. Native Alternatives to Invasive Plants. Part of APIPP workshop ‘New York State’s Invasive Plant Regulations: What Nursery Growers, Landscapers, and Gardeners Need to Know’
2014 Past Presentations:
- May 10. Native Plants for Rain Gardens and Shoreline Buffers. Lake Bomoseen Association
- July 16. Native Plants for the Adirondacks. Lake Placid Garden Club
- April 17. The Garden Club of Manchester. Native Plants for Native Birds.
- April 19. Greenwich Library. Go Native! Gardening with Native Plants.
- May 9. Cambridge Farm and Garden Club. Gardening with Native Plants.
- April 14. Gardening with Native Plants. Gardening Symposium at Fort Ticonderoga. Click here for the symposium flyer from Fort Ticonderoga.
- April 21. Gardening with Native Plants. Soroptimist International of the Adirondacks Spring Garden Workshop at Binleys Florist and Garden Center.
- May 1. Gardening with Native Plants. Adirondack Mountain Garden Club.
- May 3. Native Plants for Rain Gardens and Water Quality. Warrensburg Beautification Committee Annual Meeting.
- June 20. Gardening with Native Plants. Chapman Museum.
- July 17. Gardening with Native Plants. Essex County Garden Club.
- August 2. Gardening with Native Plants. Elizabethtown/Westport Garden Club.
- Aug 14. Gardening with Native Plants. Old Forge Garden Club.
- September 12. Native Plants for Rain Gardens. Sandy Hill Farm and Garden Club.
Native Plants for Backyard Birds
Gardening with native plants is a great way to provide food and shelter for birds in our own backyards. Learn the basics of gardening with native plants and which plants can attract a variety of birds throughout the seasons. in conjunction with the Southern Adirondack Audubon Society. Spring Luncheon Meeting. May 2011. The Queensbury Hotel, Glens Falls, NY. District IV Federated Garden Clubs of New York State.
- at the Ausable Club, August 2011
- at the Greenwich Library, April 2011
- for the Sandy Hill Chapter of Women’s National Farm and Garden, April 2011
- at the CCE office for Washington County Master Gardeners, April 2011
- at Crandall Library for the Southern Adirondack Audubon Society, June 2010
- at Hartford Town Hall for the Hartford Senior Citizens, August 2010
Native Plants for Stormwater Management
at the 2011Water Quality Symposium and the NYSCDEA Annual Training Session, The New York State Conservation District Employees’ Association, Auburn, NY March 2011